Useful Information for New Graduate Students
To ensure our students begin their graduate careers as prepared as possible, we have put together important information to help you get started. Below, you will find links that you might wish to bookmark for later reference such as deadlines, handbooks and assistantship information.
Graduate assistants, please pay particular attention to the section of information guiding you to payroll.
Here are the First Few Things You Should Do as a New Graduate Student
Step 1: Claim your NDUS Identifier
- Your North Dakota University System (NDUS) identifier allows you to access a variety of systems including CampusConnection, Blackboard, your UND email, proxy access to the Library as well as campus wifi.
Step 2: Complete the Financial Obligation Agreement
- The Financial Obligation Agreement must be completed in CampusConnection before enrollment in classes is allowed.
- Go to CampusConnection>Financial Obligation Agreement (under the Finances section)
Step 3: Enroll in your classes
- Log in to CampusConnection to enroll in your classes. For a useful step-by-step guide, view the Add Courses drop down menu on this page. Do you need a permission number? Contact your department.
Step 4: Check your student email account
- Important notices from a variety of University offices use your official UND student email. Be sure to check it frequently for updates, announcements and other important information.
Get my student ID card
- For checking books from the Library, printing, computer labs, dining and store purchases, events and more.
School of Graduate Studies Information
- Handbooks - Masters, Doctoral and Graduate Assistants
- SGS forms for current students
- Who should I contact in the School of Graduate Studies if I have a question?
- Graduate Student Listserv - we post information pertinent to our graduate student community including deadlines, announcements, events and assistantship opportunities. If you are not receiving the weekly listserv, please contact gradschool@UND.edu.
- Did you change your address? Please remember to update your information with the School of Graduate Studies as well as on your CampusConnection account.
Important Information from other UND offices
- Student Financial Aid
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Account Services
- Financial Obligation Agreement - you will need to sign this before you can register for classes.
- View the video instructions for completing the Financial Obligation Agreement
- New Student Guide
- Health & Wellness
- Student Affairs
Graduate Teaching, Research and Service Assistants
The following is very important for Graduate Assistants. Please read carefully.
- You must first accept your assistantship appointment by signing and returning your appointment letter
- Graduate Assistants - I-9 form and E-Verify. This MUST be completed prior to the graduate assistant beginning work
- Harassment Training
- Graduate Assistants Handbook
- Disability Services for Students (recommended for Graduate Teaching Assistants)
- Office of Instructional Development (recommended for Graduate Teaching Assistants)
New Graduate Assistants are encouraged to contact their department prior to the start of the semester.
Your To Do List
Additionally, you should also:
- Pay my bills - Student Account Services - in person or online through CampusConnection
- Access Blackboard
- Search the Chester Fritz Library
- Access the University Bookstore - find books, technology, gifts, apparel and supplies at the bookstore
- Access Disability Services for Students
- Get a parking permit - for students with a quarter time, or no assistantship
- Technical requirements for online programs