Graduate Assistant Positions and Other Job Postings
College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines (CNPD): GRA position available.
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) will assist College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines (CNPD), which include the departments of Nursing, Social Work and Nutrition and Dietetics faculty with tasks related to the advancement of research and scholarship. The GRA will perform research-related duties that will vary greatly and may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting literature reviews or library research
- Collecting, coding, cleaning or analyzing data
- Preparing materials for submission to funding agencies and foundations
- Preparing materials for IRB, IACUC, or IBC review
- Coding computer programs to automate processes
- Writing reports or designing conference presentations
The position requires strong academic, graduate-level writing and research skills, computer skills and the ability to work independently with limited supervision. Exposure to clinical field is preferred.
This position opens 2017 fall semester.
Interested applicants must fill out the attached application, prove a resume and a brief writing sample. the application may exceed one page. Please indicate, as specifically as possible, how our skills and personal characteristics fit the position.
This is a competitive application process and phone and/or in-person interviews will be conducted.
Please contact sherry.zeman@UND.edu with any questions.
Graduate Service Assistant (GSA), Department of Public Safety, Emergency Management Quarter-Time Position, August 2017.
Emergency Management Assistant
Assist the UND Emergency Manager, Director of Public Safety, Office of Safety Staff, and Building Safety and Security Representatives (BSSRs) assigned to campus buildings with emergency planning to include building emergency action plans, vulnerability assessments, and continuity of operations plans. Conduct presentations on UND Emergency Management programs to various campus groups to initiate building emergency action plans and continuity of operations plans. Keep Emergency Management database and files current.
- Must be a graduate student in an approved or qualified status and enrolled in a minimum of 3 credits in the summer.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent public relations skills, and the ability to complete assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- Must be a team player, willing to learn, able to demonstrate patience, empathy, and discretion.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Have an ability to write reports using word processing software.
- Demonstrate an ability to handle confidential information.
- Background check required.
The chosen applicant will receive a moderate stipend.
Submit a cover letter (including availability), resume, names and phone numbers of three references to:
UND Office of Safety
3851 Campus RD - Stop 9031
Grand Forks, ND 58202-9031
or deliver to Room 202 Auxillary Services Building
Review of Applications will begin ASAP.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Questions can be directed to Michael Lefever at 701.777.3341